Why Blackstone Credit & Insurance
As one of the world’s largest alternative credit managers2, we focus on capital preservation and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns for our clients across market cycles.
Large global investment team with deep industry knowledge.
investment professionals globally7
Robust and repeatable due diligence and investment processes.
annualized loss rate in North America direct lending8
Our capital enables transactions of all sizes, helps stabilize viable businesses and allows companies to grow while producing attractive returns for our investors.Jonathan Gray
President and Chief Operating Officer of Blackstone
Blackstone News & Insights
Discover the power of Blackstone by exploring recent news and insights.
Data is as of January 31, 2024, unless otherwise indicated. Investing involves risks, including loss of capital. Past performance does not predict future returns and there can be no assurance that the fund will achieve results to those of any of Blackstone Credit & Insurance’s prior funds or be able to implement its strategy or achieve its investment objectives, including due to an inability to access sufficient investment opportunities.
- Preqin, December 31, 2023.
- Based on Blackstone Credit & Insurance analysis of company earnings presentations and calls, as of December 31, 2023 or latest available publicly available data.
- This represents Blackstone Credit & Insurance’s track record in direct lending, dating back to 2005 before BCRED’s inception.
- As of December 31, 2023. Based on publicly reported total net assets of both traded and non-traded BDCs.
- Direct Lending Deals and Blackstone Credit & Insurance, as of February 9, 2023. Includes Blackstone Credit & Insurance and the rest of the private market. Direct Lending Deals, “Key lenders prep more records for jumbo unitranche loans amid volatility.” December 31, 2023
- As of December 31, 2023. Reflects unique corporate issuers across funds and accounts managed by Blackstone Credit & Insurance’s Liquid Credit Strategies and Private Credit Strategies groups.
- As of January 1, 2024.
- As of December 31, 2023. The annualized loss rate represents annualized net losses for substantially realized investments. Whether an investment is substantially realized is determined in the manager’s discretion. Investments are included in the loss rate if (1) a payment was missed, (2) bankruptcy was declared, (3) there was a restructuring, or (4) it was realized with a total multiple on invested capital less than 1.0x. Net losses include all profits and losses associated with these investments, including interest payments received. Net losses are represented in the year the investment is substantially realized and excludes all losses associated with unrealized investments. The annualized net loss rate is the net losses divided by the average annual remaining invested capital within the platform. Investments sourced by Blackstone Credit & Insurance for the Sub-Advised Investments did, in certain cases, experience defaults and losses after Blackstone Credit & Insurance was no longer sub-adviser, and such defaults and losses are not included in the rates provided. Prior to December 31, 2022, the methodology used by the North America Direct Lending track record for calculating the platform’s average annual loss rate was based on net loss of principal resulting only from payment defaults in the year of default which would exclude interest payments. Past performance does not predict future returns, and there can be no assurance that Blackstone Credit & Insurance will achieve comparable results or that any entity or account managed by or advised by Blackstone Credit & Insurance will be able to implement its investment strategy or achieve its investment objectives.
- As of December 31, 2023. Numbers presented are since inception of the Value Creation program in 2016. Data presented is based on internal Blackstone data recorded and not from financial statements of portfolio companies. Represents (a) estimated total cost reduction at the time cost is benchmarked with portfolio companies, with exception of multi-year software contracts where cumulative identified cost reduction is included, and represents a de minimis amount of overall opportunities multiplied by (b) enterprise value multiple at the time of BXCI’s initial investment. The number is presented for illustrative purposes and does not reflect actual realized proceeds to BXCI or to the equity sponsor or the company, and there can be no assurance that realized proceeds received by Blackstone or any investor in a Blackstone fund will be increased as a result.
- Awarded by Private Debt Investor on March 1, 2022, covering the 2021 calendar year. Private Debt Investor has subsequently released awards for the 2022 calendar year, in which Blackstone received different awards than those listed herein. Blackstone has provided compensation to Private Debt Investor for the ability to communicate the results of this award. The awards described above may not be representative of any one client’s experience with Blackstone Credit & Insurance and should not be viewed as indicative of future performance. The awards herein were provided by Private Debt Investor, a publication addressing private credit markets, and covered the 2021 calendar year only. Private Debt Investor determines its industry awards annually by way of nominations and an online reader poll that prompts readers to vote for a particular firm in one or more of multiple enumerated categories, including those shown above and therefore is based on subjective criteria. In addition, their selection to receive the awards and/or their rankings may have been based on a limited universe of participants, and therefore there can be no assurance that a different sampling of participants might not have achieved different results.
Important Disclosure Information
Local, regional or global events such as war (e.g., Russia/Ukraine), acts of terrorism, public health issues like pandemics or (e.g., COVID-19), recessions, or other economic, political and global macro factors and events could lead to a substantial economic downturn or recession in the U.S. and global economies and have a significant impact on the Fund and its investments. The recovery from such downturns is uncertain and may last for an extended period of time or result in significant volatility, and many of the risks discussed herein associated with an investment in the Fund may be increased.
Summary of Risk Factors
Blackstone Private Credit Fund (“BCRED”) is a non-exchange traded business development company (“BDC”) that expects to invest at least 80% of its total assets (net assets plus borrowings for investment purposes) in private credit investments (loans, bonds and other credit instruments that are issued in private offerings or issued by private companies). This investment involves a high degree of risk. You should purchase these securities only if you can afford the complete loss of your investment. You should read the prospectus carefully for a description of the risks associated with an investment in BCRED. These risks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- We have limited prior operating history and there is no assurance that we will achieve our investment objectives.
- This is a “blind pool” offering and thus you will not have the opportunity to evaluate our investments before we make them.
- You should not expect to be able to sell your shares regardless of how we perform.
- You should consider that you may not have access to the money you invest for an extended period of time.
- We do not intend to list our shares on any securities exchange, and we do not expect a secondary market in our shares to develop prior to any listing.
- Because you may be unable to sell your shares, you will be unable to reduce your exposure in any market downturn.
- We have implemented a share repurchase program, but only a limited number of shares will be eligible for repurchase and repurchases will be subject to available liquidity and other significant restrictions.
- An investment in our common shares is not suitable for you if you need access to the money you invest. See “Suitability Standards” and “Share Repurchase Program” in the prospectus.
- You will bear substantial fees and expenses in connection with your investment. See “Fees and Expenses” in the prospectus.
- We cannot guarantee that we will make distributions, and if we do, we may fund such distributions from sources other than cash flow from operations, including the sale of assets, borrowings, return of capital or offering proceeds, and although we generally expect to fund distributions from cash flow from operations, we have not established limits on the amounts we may pay from such sources. A return of capital (1) is a return of the original amount invested, (2) does not constitute earnings or profits and (3) will have the effect of reducing the basis such that when a shareholder sells its shares the sale may be subject to taxes even if the shares are sold for less than the original purchase price.
- Distributions may also be funded in significant part, directly or indirectly, from temporary waivers or expense reimbursements borne by Blackstone Credit & Insurance BDC Advisers (the “Adviser”) or its affiliates, that may be subject to reimbursement to the Adviser or its affiliates. The repayment of any amounts owed to our affiliates will reduce future distributions to which you would otherwise be entitled.
- We use and continue to expect to use leverage, which will magnify the potential for loss on amounts invested in us.
- We intend to invest in securities that are rated below investment grade by rating agencies or that would be rated below investment grade if they were rated. Below investment grade securities, which are often referred to as “junk,” have predominantly speculative characteristics with respect to the issuer’s capacity to pay interest and repay principal. They may also be illiquid and difficult to value.
- We do not own the Blackstone name, but we are permitted to use it as part of our corporate name pursuant to the investment advisory agreement between BCRED and an affiliate of Blackstone Inc. (“Blackstone”). Use of the name by other parties or the termination of the use of the Blackstone name under the investment advisory agreement may harm our business.
Neither the Securities and Exchange Commission nor any state securities regulator has approved or disapproved of these securities or determined if the prospectus is truthful or complete. Any representation to the contrary is unlawful.
This website must be read in conjunction with the BCRED prospectus in order to fully understand all the implications and risks of an investment in BCRED. This website is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy securities. An offering is made only by the prospectus, which must be made available to you prior to making a purchase of shares in connection with this offering and is available at https://www.bcred.com/prospectus. Prior to making an investment, investors should read the prospectus, including the “Risk Factors” section therein, which contains a discussion of the risks and uncertainties that we believe are material to our business, operating results, prospects and financial condition.
Numerical data is approximate and as of January 31, 2024, unless otherwise noted. The words “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to BCRED, unless the context requires otherwise.
Forward-Looking Statement Disclosure
Certain information contained in this communication constitutes “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the federal securities laws and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology, such as “outlook,” “indicator,” “believes,” “expects,” “potential,” “continues,” “may,” “can,” “will,” “should,” “seeks,” “approximately,” “predicts,” “intends,” “plans,” “estimates,” “anticipates”, “confident,” “conviction,” “identified” or the negative versions of these words or other comparable words thereof. These may include BCRED’s financial estimates and their underlying assumptions, statements about plans, objectives and expectations with respect to future operations, statements regarding future performance, statements regarding economic and market trends and statements regarding identified but not yet closed investments. Such forward‐looking statements are inherently subject to various risks and uncertainties. Accordingly, there are or will be important factors that could cause actual outcomes or results to differ materially from those indicated in such statements. BCRED believes these factors include but are not limited to those described under the section entitled “Risk Factors” in its prospectus and annual report for the most recent fiscal year, and any such updated factors included in its periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”), which are accessible on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. These factors should not be construed as exhaustive and should be read in conjunction with the other cautionary statements that are included in this document (or BCRED’s prospectus and other filings). Except as otherwise required by federal securities laws, BCRED undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
Although certain loans in which the Fund may invest will be secured by collateral, there can be no assurance that such collateral could be readily liquidated or that the liquidation of such collateral would satisfy the borrower’s obligation in the event of non-payment of scheduled interest or principal.
Blackstone Securities Partners L.P. (“BSP”) is a member of FINRA and is a broker-dealer whose purpose is to distribute Blackstone managed or affiliated products. BSP provides services to its Blackstone affiliates, not to investors in its funds, strategies or other products. BSP does not make any recommendation regarding, and will not monitor, any investment. As such, when BSP presents an investment strategy or product to an investor, BSP does not collect the information necessary to determine—and BSP does not engage in a determination regarding—whether an investment in the strategy or product is in the best interests of, or is suitable for, the investor. You should exercise your own judgment and/or consult with a professional advisor to determine whether it is advisable for you to invest in any Blackstone strategy or product. Please note that BSP may not provide the kinds of financial services that you might expect from another financial intermediary, such as overseeing any brokerage or similar account. For financial advice relating to an investment in any Blackstone strategy or product, contact your own professional advisor.